A dragon, robot, superhero, maybe a super-villain. I can be any one of these things on any given day. I can climb a mountain made completely of marshmallows, travel to a distant planet, or save this one from impending doom. Some days I will invade a neighboring country then retreat to my couch cushion castle. It's all in a days work when you are a dad.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Lover and a fighter...

Today is Valentines Day.  So, in light of this day I’m changing things up a little bit here on my blog.  Instead of writing about the cutest kid in the world and our antics together, I’m going to write about the woman who brought that wonderful little boy into my life.  The woman who, because she is such a great mom, has inspired me to be a great dad.  Today’s post is a love letter to the love of my life, Jodi Smith.

Dearest Jodi,
     I love it when you fall asleep on my chest while I’m reading a book.  I could stare at you for hours and thank God every second for bringing you into my life.  I know that I complain about your hair tickling my nose, but secretly I love it.  I love waking up and making you breakfast, although I don’t do it enough.  When I do things to take care of you I feel as if I am doing what I was born to do, like I was put on this earth to make you feel adored.  Every time you smile my heart grows to accommodate the ever increasing amount of love I have for you, but even then my heart overflows.  Because of you, my love spills out into everything I do.  Everything I touch is improved by your presence in my life.  I am a better person because of you.  These words I write, today and everyday, wouldn’t be possible without you.  I could still write, sure, but it would be a cold and bland meal compared the rich feast that you inspire.  I promise to always love you and never take you for granted.  I promise to hold open doors for you and hold your hand when we go for walks.  I promise to always fight for your heart and protect it with all that I am.  I promise to never let a day go by where I don’t tell you that I love you and that you are beautiful.  I promise to always be your best friend, as you are mine.  Your beauty amazes me everyday and I can’t believe that an angel like you has chosen ME!   Thank you for being a part of my life and thank you for sharing your life with me.  You truly inspire me, make me better, make me happy and make me whole.  I love you Jodi, Happy Valentines Day.

Yours Truly,
     Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. I love you so much! I am happy to call you mine, and to share every minute of my life with you. It means so much to me that I am able to inspire you and what you do. My family means the world to me, and it would be incomplete without you being a part of it. <3

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you!