A dragon, robot, superhero, maybe a super-villain. I can be any one of these things on any given day. I can climb a mountain made completely of marshmallows, travel to a distant planet, or save this one from impending doom. Some days I will invade a neighboring country then retreat to my couch cushion castle. It's all in a days work when you are a dad.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Vegetable Battlecruiser


     I got beat by a 3 year old in an epic dogfight between two custom made Lego spaceships.  It wasn’t a fair fight, though, and I’ll explain why: 
1.  He is shorter than me, therefore, providing him with a lot more easily accessible areas to escape pursuit.  
2.  He doesn’t understand the laws of physics as I do, so he believes that even though I shot his spaceship multiple times with photon laser cannons, that his ship is undamaged.  He also admits to not having any sort of energy shielding, so by my calculations his ship should have been demolished. 
3.  His feet are smaller and he is not as likely to stub one of his toes and fall to the floor.  But, if he had stubbed his toe and fallen to the floor, I would not have taken advantage of the opportunity to sit on him and break off one of his ships photon cannons. 
4.  I built a new and improved spaceship with high intensity laser beams for point defense, energy shielding with Photon Laser Displacement Technology, cloaking field, and a magnetic accelerator cannon.  Upon seeing my new ship Jordan promptly traded with me.  Grrrrr….
     As you can see, I really had no chance.  It’s time for me to cut my losses and redouble my efforts.  He’ll be napping soon and that gives me two hours to build an invincible machine of mass destruction.  I think I need to run to the store and buy enough Legos to build a ship too big for him to steal from me.  Or, maybe I will just make it out of vegetables, he’ll never touch it then!  Victory is so close I can smell it now, and it smells like…broccoli!

3 comments:

  1. Even better than the Last. Loved it Jerm-butt. I miss Lego's they don't make the tiny ones anymore. unless you get it in some other themed pack. lame -.- anyway, keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly an amazing writer. I love reading through your posts, but this one definitely made me laugh the hardest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, your kind words truly touch my heart. It's easy to write great stories when you have such an amazing family though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you!