A dragon, robot, superhero, maybe a super-villain. I can be any one of these things on any given day. I can climb a mountain made completely of marshmallows, travel to a distant planet, or save this one from impending doom. Some days I will invade a neighboring country then retreat to my couch cushion castle. It's all in a days work when you are a dad.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mmmmm... Bread Butts!


     All of these LEGO spaceships I’ve had to build lately look like Rainbow Brite vomit.  Our current LEGO collection is very…eclectic.  We don’t have a particular set of LEGOs, just a conglomeration of different shapes, colors and sizes that have been acquired from Grandma and Grandpa Smiths collection.  I’m quite sure that if we were ever engaged in a real space battle with these ships we would win.  Not because our ships are so powerful but because the bad guys would be too busy laughing or just plain dumbfounded at our lack of color coordination.  That’s all that’s really important when it comes to spaceships, color coordination right?  Making sure your wings are some color that isn’t completely and embarrassingly out of season and God forbid you show up to a war in a white spaceship after Labor Day.  Such a fashion faux pas would surely have you blacklisted from all the upper class space battles for the better half of a decade. 
     Jordan doesn’t seem to mind what color the ships are that Jodi and I build.  He shouldn’t; after all, he is the reason they look like confetti.  He picks out all of the pieces of a couple different colors then leaves the leftovers to us.   He then builds something that is completely one color but has no aerodynamics whatsoever and I build something that could probably very smoothly fly a million miles per hour but looks hideous doing it.  I think these LEGOs are setting the theme for the rest of my life.  I’m going to be wearing second hand clothes, driving a beater of a car and eating the butt of the bread for the next 15 years so he can have the best that Jodi and I can offer.  You know what though?  I’m going to love every minute of it.

3 comments:

Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you!