A dragon, robot, superhero, maybe a super-villain. I can be any one of these things on any given day. I can climb a mountain made completely of marshmallows, travel to a distant planet, or save this one from impending doom. Some days I will invade a neighboring country then retreat to my couch cushion castle. It's all in a days work when you are a dad.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Graham crackers for the masses!

     I consider myself to be rather tech savvy.  I’m not a computer genius, but I’ve got enough wits about me to figure out most electronic gadgetry thrown my way.  Twenty-seven years ago, however, I was still drooling on myself(more than I do now, at least), and was completely amazed by the structures I could erect by placing one block of wood on top of another.  Fast forward to the present day, I look in the back seat of the car and I see a three year old boy flipping through my iPhone picking out which cartoon he is going to watch on Netflix while we drive.  Take this same device, place it in my hands when I was three and I would think that I’ve got a shiny hammer for hitting my older brother with, or maybe I’ll just chew on it for a while then stick it in my diaper and save it for later.  Not Jordan, he’s back there looking through photo albums, watching videos of his cousins, playing Chop Chop Ninja and texting Aunt Nikki.  Don’t tell Jodi, but I’m pretty sure Jordan is more iPhone savvy than she is.  Thank God that you have to enter in a password in order to purchase anything on iTunes, because Jordan has figured out how to shop for games and songs online too.
     I just had an epiphany!  I’m going to start two businesses.  The first business will be a computer repair shop where people bring me their broken down or virus ridden machines and I’ll send them back good as new.  The second business will be a daycare, which is where I will get the employees for my computer repair business, and the best part, I can pay them in graham crackers!

2 comments:

Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you!