A dragon, robot, superhero, maybe a super-villain. I can be any one of these things on any given day. I can climb a mountain made completely of marshmallows, travel to a distant planet, or save this one from impending doom. Some days I will invade a neighboring country then retreat to my couch cushion castle. It's all in a days work when you are a dad.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jedi Mind Tricks From a 3 Year Old


     Jordan has super powers.  Well, maybe it’s just super power, singular.  I haven’t determined what the specific power is yet; it could be one of a few things or a few things combined.  I’ve been studying him very closely and there is definitely something there, something strong.  Sometimes it seems like he has some sort of mind control powers, and other times it seems he has super strength.  It could be both, I suppose, but it has to be at least the mind control, I’ve seen it in action many many times.  Here’s an example:  Jordan asks for a cookie.  I tell him no, he needs to finish his fruit.  He walks over to me, gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and looks at me and smiles the biggest, cutest, blue eyed smile and says “Pawease Daddy, can I have a cookie?”   Next thing I know he’s sitting there eating a cookie and I’m left scratching my head.  As you can see, there is definitely some mind control action going on, or maybe the ability to force his will on people.  It can’t be just words alone, I have noticed, the smiles, hugs and kisses have some sort of psychological weakening affect. 
     The other power I was speaking of, the super strength, seems to work best in the morning; at least, that’s the only time I have seen this particular power manifested.  Sometimes Jordan wakes up pretty early, so we bring him into our room to lay with us, at which point he usually falls back asleep.  When it is time for Jodi to get up out of bed, which she has a hard enough time doing, Jordan will reach across her with one arm and hold her down.  He is sleeping when he does this, so this power doesn’t take any conscious effort.  He effortlessly holds Jodi in bed with just one hand, it is astounding.  There is a psychological side to this as well, you see, when Jordan wraps his arm around her, sort of in a half hug and snuggles up to her while rendering her powerless… she smiles!  It seems that Jordan has the ability to not only physically over-power someone much larger than him, but he also has the ability to make her not want to move as well.   Jodi seems to enjoy this ‘super power cuddle hold’; I dare say she loves it.  I wonder if this particular power only works on his mother, it definitely seems to at least be more powerful against her.   Of course, she is quite the sucker when it comes to that boy.  Not me, of course, I have a much stronger will…
Tiny voice from another room..
“What’s that?  You want another cookie?  No, I’m sorry Jordan… What kind of cookie do you want?”

2 comments:

  1. how cute :) I try the super cuddle power hold on Lucas in the morning when he has to get up for work at 4:30am... I think I lost my power though because when I finally REALLY wake up at nine and by nine I mean ten, he's already gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The force is strong with that one!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you!